CHAPTER 038: TGV Cinemas Movieganza

Date: 1st May 2014 (Thursday)
Location: Atrium, Level 1, Gurney Paragon Mall, Penang

From 1st May 2014 to 2nd May 2014, TGV Cinemas and IMAX Corporation had organized "TGV Cinemas Movieganza" for all the shoppers in Gurney Paragon Mall. When I reached around 11:00 a.m., I registered myself for the event and received the game booth card. There are 9 games, you need to get minimum 3 stamps to receive the third prize (You will get a stamp when you win the game). The first game would be "Duck Hunt", you are given 3 bullets and you need to shoot at least one duck to win the game. The second game would be "Angry Birds", you are given 3 red birds and you need to hit at least one pig to win the game. The third game would be "Electrifying Spidy", you are given 3 chance and you need to complete the course without touch on the route (Because the machine will make noise when touch). The fourth game would be "Shao Lin Soccer", you are given 3 chance and you need to kick the ball into the hole in the middle. The fifth game would be "Magic Wheel", you need to choose either "TGV Cinemas" or "Maybank IMAX" and roll it, you are consider win if you get what you choose. The sixth game would be "Hunger Archery", you are given 3 arrows and you must hit the middle which is 100. The seventh game would be "Wii Boxing Challenge", you need to defeat the opponent in order to win. The eighth game would be "Guitar Hero Challenge", you are given 2 chance and you must achieve 25% on easy. The last game would be "Thor Striker", you are given 3 chance and you must achieve to the level that in-charge person give. Overall, I can managed to get 4 stamps for "Duck Hunt", "Angry Birds", "Magic Wheel" and "Guitar Hero Challenge" because I win the game in one shot. And the rest are too hard for me, such as "Electrifying Spidy", "Shao Lin Soccer", "Hunger Archery" and "Thor Striker". I didn't try out "Wii Boxing Challenge" because there are long queue and need to wait for the long time. Besides that not only games, but there are some booth where you can do the face painting and make the sand art. There are free cotton candy, popcorn and WONDA coffee for you in Snack Stalls too.

In the event there are not only games, but activities. In order to win the prizes such as Pepsi Calculator, TGV Cinemas IMAX Premiums, TGV Cinemas Amber Pass and TGV Cinemas IMAX Pass, you need to join the activities. On 12:00 p.m., there are "Superheroes Meet & Greet Session", there are 4 superheroes appeared in the stages, including Captain America, Thor and Spiderman. Since today is the first day screening for <The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise of Electro>, I would like to take photo with Spiderman. Around 12:30 p.m., there are "Movieganza Trivia". The first question would be "Where is the first IMAX in the northern Malaysia?" and I answered "Gurney Paragon Mall". I get Pepsi Calculator for this question. After that the host did gave the prize such as TGV Cinemas IMAX Pass and TGV Cinemas Amber Pass. And when he asked a question "Who is the first one that know Peter Parker is Spiderman?". There is a person answered question but INCORRECT. So I seems no one can answer the question, and I answered "Gwen Stacy". He asked "When she know?" and I answered "During the dinner in Gwen Stacy's house". He was surprised that I answered the question very correct and praise me as the super fans for Spiderman. I get TGV Cinemas IMAX Premium for this question. At 01:00 p.m., there are "Popcorn Eating Competition". For the first round, the host let the kid had the game first because the kid are so excited to have the popcorn. I joined the game for the next round. Since the winner can get 2 TGV Cinemas Amber Pass and 1 TGV Cinemas IMAX Pass and the other can get 2 TGV Cinemas Amber Pass only. I tried my best to eat fast when the game start, and some did split out from the bucket. The host advised me to eat slowly but I can't stop because I'm try my best to fight for the TGV Cinemas IMAX Pass. Finally, someone did finished the popcorn, and because I'm having cough, and everything split out. I got 2 TGV Cinemas Amber Pass for this game. After this, I would like to take a rest before join "Guess The Movie" Contest. For the first question, the host invited some staff to blow something like "The Hunger Games". When I heard the tune and I run to front of the host and answered the question. I got 1 TGV Cinemas Amber Pass and 1 TGV Cinemas IMAX Premium for this. And when the music "My Heart Will Go On" is played, everyone is rushing to answer the question because the answer is too easy, it's "Titanic". The last song, the host sing "Do You Want To Be A Snowman?" and one of the kid answered "Frozen" and it's correct. The very final part, the host find one of the kid to sing "Let It Go" along with the song and that's adorable. She get herself 2 TGV Cinemas Amber Pass. Around 3:30 p.m., it's IMAX "Happy Time". At the same time the 4 superheroes are appeared and dance along with the visitors there. After that, I left Gurney Paragon Mall and get the bus to meet my friends at 1st Avenue. Hopefully I can visit Gurney Paragon Mall in the future time.

Photo Album
Welcome to TGV Cinemas Movieganza at Atrium, Gurney Paragon Mall!!!

First Game: Duck Hunt

Second Game: Angry Bird

Third Game: Electrifying Spidy

Fourth Game: Shao Lin Soccer

Fifth Game: Magic Wheel

Sixth Game: Hunger Archery

Seventh Game: Wii Boxing Challenge

Eighth Game: Guitar Hero Challenge

Face Painting Booth

Ninth Game: Thor Striker

Sand Art Booth

Snack Stalls Booth

There are few props for you to choose and take photo...

Kirby510 has Afro Hair now...

Kirby510: Am I looked handsome? 

Kirby510 has long girlish hair now...

Kirby510: Am I looked pretty?

Kirby510: Ahhh... My hair is so messy...

Kirby510: CHEEEEEEEEEESEEEEE!!!

The 4 superheroes are appeared in TGV Cinemas Movieganza...

Kirby510 and Spiderman

Kirby510 and Spiderman

"Popcorn Eating Competition": There are 6 contestants in a round...

"Popcorn Eating Competition": Kirby510 joining the event too...

"Guess The Movie": The kid was singing "Let It Go"... It's so adorable...

"Guess The Movie": The kid was singing "Let It Go"... It's so adorable...

"IMAX Happy Time": The 4 superheroes were dance along with the visitors...

TGV Cinemas Amber Pass

Pepsi Calculator

TGV Cinemas IMAX Tumbler

TGV Cinemas IMAX Umbrella

More Photos
Return to Episode 02
Previous Chapter: 037 The Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Spider-Man
Next Chapter: 039 Iceman

0 comments:

Post a Comment